I just simply love lemon-infused desserts because they are sweet and tangy at the same time making you wanna have another spoon.
Tiramisu is already at the top of my list, because they are super easy to assemble and every portion feels like a treat from heaven.
This lemon version is not for those with a sweet tooth, and if you prefer a boozy tiramisu, use some Limoncello in the mixture and to dip the sponge fingers in.
- 600 ml double cream
- 125 g caster sugar
- 250 g mascarpone
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 lemons, 1 zested and 1 pared
- 150 ml lemon juice
- 200 g sponge fingers (approximately 30)
- 200 g lemon curd, plus extra for decorating
- Put the double cream, 100g caster sugar, mascarpone, vanilla and lemon zest into a large bowl and whisk with an electric whisk until thick. Set aside.
- Put the lemon juice, remaining caster sugar and 50ml boiling water into a shallow bowl and whisk so the sugar dissolves. One at a time, dip half of the sponge fingers into the bowl and soak for 10 seconds on each side. Place the soaked biscuits into the base of a 25 x 20 x 5 cm dish in an even layer.
- Spread over half of the lemon curd in a thin layer to cover the biscuits. Then spoon half of the whipped cream mixture on top and spread out so there’s an even layer.
- Repeat, dunking the biscuits and layering them with the curd and finishing with a final layer of cream. To decorate you can swirl some extra lemon curd on top and finish with a sprinkle of lemon zest. Cover and put in the fridge to chill for a few hours or overnight.