The breakfast of the champions version 2: Salted caramel protein pancakes with Filthy Fit cinnamon & vanilla peanut butter
I can't imagine a better way to start my day than having these amazing healthy pancakes that are not just filling but the best fuel for the body pre or post workout. I used to have breakfast before hitting the gym but my body changed and I prefer to have a quick snack instead before and a proper meal like this after gym.
Ingredients for a stack of 4:
- 20g all-purpose flour
- 25g protein powder (salted caramel or vanilla)
- 80g Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons Filthy Fit cinnamon & vanilla peanut butter
- In a mixing bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, protein powder, Greek yogurt, baking powder, and egg. Whisk together until the batter is smooth and well incorporated. If the batter appears too thick, you can add a splash of milk to achieve a pourable consistency.
- Heat a non-stick skillet or griddle over medium heat and lightly grease it with coconut oil or cooking spray.
- Pour approximately 1/4 cup of the pancake batter onto the hot skillet, spreading it into a round shape. Repeat the process for as many pancakes as desired, leaving enough space between each pancake.
- Cook the pancakes for 2-3 minutes, or until bubbles form on the surface. Flip the pancakes gently and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes until they are cooked through and lightly golden.
- Transfer the cooked pancakes to a plate and cover them with cinnamon & vanilla peanut butter.