There is nothing better than a soft and sweet peanut butter jelly muffin on a Sunday afternoon.
These muffins are super easy to make, it takes only 10 minutes to measure the ingredients and 20 minutes later we can serve 12 beautiful PB jelly muffins on the dinner table.
- 240g plain flour
- 100g granulated sugar
- 50g light brown sugar
- 1.5 teaspoon baking powder
- 0.25 teaspoon salt
- 70g unsalted butter, melted
- 130g peanut butter
- 180ml milk
- 2 tablespoons greek yogurt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons strawberry, or raspberry jam
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line 12 standard muffin cups with paper liners.
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Make a well in the center of the mixture.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the melted butter, peanut butter, milk, yogurt, eggs, and vanilla. Pour into the well in the flour mixture, and stir just until combined or a few small streaks of flour remain.
- Divide the batter among the prepared muffin cups, filling each cup about 3/4 full.
- Place 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of jelly on top of each muffin. They will sink in the middle of the muffins during baking.
- Bake 14 to 18 minutes, or until the muffins are golden brown and a pick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool the muffins in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Then add some more jam on top of each muffins and ready to serve.