Brownies has never been my go-to treats... up until now.
These low calorie, light, melting in the mouth Greek yogurt version is the best I ever tried. The crunch of the mixed in dark chocolate pieces just make them simply heavenly.
If you are craving something sweet but don't want to derail your healthy eating goals, these Greek yogurt brownies are perfect for you. At the same time of having a dessert you're getting a dose of nutrition with every bite.
Perfect as a sweet breakfast, or and after lunch treat.
- 120 g dark chocolate chips
- A dash of coconut oil
- 180 ml Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 large Egg
- 60 ml Almond Milk or any milk of your choice
- 95 g Crystal Sweetener Of Choice (sugar-free brown erythritol or coconut sugar or brown sugar)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 60 g Oat Flour
- 45 g Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 0.25 teaspoon Salt
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Line an 8-inch x 8-inch brownie pan with parchment paper. Slightly oil the pan. Set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt 60g chocolate chips and coconut oil. Set aside to cool for a few minutes at room temperature.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the dry ingredients: flour, cocoa powder, sweetener, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, whisk plain Greek yogurt, egg, vanilla extract, milk, and melted cooled chocolate mixture.
- Sift the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir with a silicone spatula until just combined. Stir in the remaining 1/3 cup chocolate chips and distribute evenly in the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared brownie pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes at 180°C or until a toothpick inserted in the brownie comes out clean. Cool immediately on a cooling rack for an hour before cutting.