If you are after a warming, healthy and tasty week night dinner, this vegan peanut butter curry recipe is a good choice.
You only need a few basic ingredients and 20 minutes of your time to make this dish and it's great reheated next day if there is any leftovers.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 small red chili pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons garam masala
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 can (400 g) crushed tomatoes
- 100 g peanut butter
- 1 can (400 ml) coconut milk
- 1 can (400 g) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 150 g broccoli florets
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan and fry the onion for 5-6 minutes over medium heat until softened.
- Add the garlic, ginger and red chili pepper and continue to cook for another minute.
- Stir in the garam masala and curry powder, then add the crushed tomatoes, peanut butter and coconut milk and stir to combine.
- Add the chickpeas and broccoli, bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes covered with a lid.
- Serve with rice topped with some crushed peanuts if you like.